26 June 2020

early birds


A massive, 5000 mile wide
Cloud of dust 
From the Sahara 
Is coming to Texas. 




Traffic is back!
Add construction 
And a fatality accident
And a 25 minute trip is now
1 hour longer. Almost. 


Must be an election year. 
Everyone is hustling. 






I’m not 100% sure what day it is. 
They say it’s June. 
Going into July. 
So I’ve worked my brains out. 
And I have no concept of time. 

Where was I going with this? 

Ah yes. Coffee. Yes. 
Some time ago, I gave up cream. 
Hoping it was the offender. 
It was not. 
That little splash of dairy 
Is not the big bad wolf 
At the door. 
It’s my late night stops for food
And my wine before bed
(Which has stopped.) 

How nice it will be
To get up 30 minutes early...
To have a cup of coffee...
While I water the plants...
And listen to the birds! 
Coffee with cream! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!