30 July 2018

Portland OR

A recent wildfire burned the Columbia Gorge

I ended up having to walk 
Nearly 4 miles 
Even with the wheelchair requests. 
Airport terminals are big! 

You can kind of see Mt Rainier
Through the haze. 
Visibility is about 10 miles. 
Probably because of the Redding (Carr) fire. 


The Flight Attendant uses Snake Juice!
She said it was the only diet 
that ever worked for her. 


I am staying in a forest hippie bungalow.
I’m quite sure this eccentric neighborhood 
Was a product of precomputer age engineers
Who drank scotch and listened to 
Jazz on reel-to-reel tapes
Back in the 1970s. 
 Whilst contemplating Gandalf’s next move. 


An actual street in said neighborhood. 
My Uber driver gave me 5 stars 
Because I used the word “traipsing...”
As in “traipsing around...”
🤓😎🤓


Shuffling off for basics. 
Wine. Cheese. Coffee. Water. 


This makes mythology of the phrase 
“There’s No Place Like Home.”
Air BnB makes it like home. 


Cold brew Kong coffee outside with the locals. 


A few of the locals! 




An old hippies dream. 
Walk outside and snip off some herbs
For dinner that night. 


I did my daily stretching routine 
with a primeval forest backdrop. 
Like Karate Kid, but for old people. 

I can’t count the number of Subi’s here. 
It simply boggles the mind. 

I’m still on Dallas time,
 and Theater People sleep late. 
More traipsing for me! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne, I have followed your posts for years. I am also a caregiver, Pediatric PT for the last 41 years. Enjoy your vacation you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Pacific Northwest! My son and his husband live in Eugene, Oregon, and I just visited them a few months ago, it's beautiful. Another one of my boys lived near Seattle for a few years, and I visited him AND Mt. Rainier a few times...it is absolutely gorgeous...rainforest weather near the base, and snow at the top. Also, LOVE Airbnb! Way better than a hotel, so much character...what fun. I hope you have a really relaxing vacation! I'm not an R.N., but 3 of my kids are, and one is an N.P., so I know a bit about how difficult and stressful it is. Have a good time and take tons of pictures...:)
    Della

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!