29 October 2011

wod: helen



WOD
Workout of the Day
The whole class is an hour and some change.
But this change - ya get to keep!
.......................





Warm- up:
(Yes, this is just the warm-up)
400 meter run (about half a mile)
Hollow marches, Bridges
Planks [1 min x 2]
Pole squats [10]
....................

Strength Training:
Dead lift [10 + 10 ] 2 x 10
Dead lift [15 + 15 + 5 + 5 ] 2 x 10
Plus the bar weighs like 15 pounds!

Mostly about technique at this point in time.
Box jumps  3 x 10
6 inch jump up!
.......................

"HELEN"
200 meter run
21 kettlebell swings [8 kg]
12 ring rows
Three times through!
Like A Boss

For time = 7:35

That's an "ok" time -
Especially considering that I had to wait
for the next class to walk through -
So I didn't whack them in the head
with my massive yellow kettlebell a-swingin'!

What that really looks like:


MINE was scaled, of course....
Cuz that's the beauty of CrossFit.
You can bring it down to just about any level.
Even mine!

CrossFit names the work outs with
cute and catchy names. (link)
Kinda fun!

Hope your Saturday is awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Like a BOSS indeed! I love CrossFit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome workout. Yup, crossfit rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great workout. I'm glad you are enjoying it so much. I wish I had the discipline to do something on a more regular basis. So far, a once a week hiking trip is all I have been able to manage.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!