20 October 2020

back to the grind(er)


Disruptive life of communal living. 
People have different hours. 
And different priorities. 


Mums and pansies 
Only in Texas.  
Like watermelon and pumpkins. 
Side by side. 




I put my medicine cabinet together 
With Joseph’s help. 


I had my Oktoberfest 


Beer and a hamburger 
Since this was to be my vacation 
Up in Hays Kansas. Le sigh. 


Vote. Vote. Vote. 


Not today, Exxon 


Vote Blue no matter who. 


My polling place was a church 
That supports BLM. 

Tense times. 
That’s for sure. 
That’s all we know.  
50 years ago, I imagined a world 
Where equality was the norm
And women were respected
And kids weren’t sold into prostitution. 
How did we take such an awful bad turn? 
When the young people today
Reach power, maybe they can change things. 
We’ve had 60 years. 
And it just got worse. 

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you!