25 June 2016

blasting the past


I remember driving past this cool thing - 
(link)
I had no idea it had a name!

So, it started me thinking about other things 
I was doing in my early LC journey.
And now.

This Wheat Documentary is Free to watch for 5 days.
(link)

I was glad to realize I was gluten free - 
And it was a pretty big problem for me
(link)

Taking care to watch Carbs
Keep the Inflammation down 
With lower levels of Insulin and Glucose.

This really is a blog about inflammation.

No smoking in the truck, dude! lol
Everybody is on a health kick these days.

High Fat is a big big deal. 
No link because my whole blog is high fat.
BulletProof Coffee is a big thing.
Adding butter to coffee. 
Intermittent Fasting is hot. (link)

GrassFed Beef, Goat Butter,
Local Eggs, 

 
So 7 years of low carb. People ask if I am better off.
Better off with the weight loss - yes - for sure.
But is Low Carb really a sustainable lifestyle?

 This is from about 2010 and now.
Cameras have more pixels, to be sure.
So more detail. More wrinkles.

But I imagine I am aging ok. 
Keeping off the weight - 
Keeping up muscle mass and SQ tissue.

Keeping up with the younger Nurses in the field -
And the heat ....
Epigenetically I am a happy camper.
Even with my (still) recovering 
Tibial Plateau Fracture.

Low Carb is easy!
Low Carb is not too expensive
(Relatively!)
No meetings... no products to buy...
Just eat real food!
Nutrient Dense foods.
Real, tasty food. 
Not rice cakes. 
And have a nice day!

3 comments:

  1. Agree on low carb being easy....... and def. not as many crappy ingredients.

    How did you discover what that cool structure is?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!