18 November 2020

‘this the season for weight loss ads

Why is it that every year about this time, people write ads that say that they- and they alone - have THE key to weight loss and fitness? 
They all sound something like this! 

It isn’t your fault- Hey, listen, I understand...
My wife (husband etc) struggled with weight problems...
She tried everything... and was about to give up...
Couldn’t keep up with the kids... always tired... 
I still loved her (him it them etc)...
I was determined to help find a solution...
And then it hit me - the missing link 
to all weight loss problems every where...

The answer was right there- 
yet no one seemed to see it... 
so obvious... so natural...
Imagine  that- me - an humble engineer 
(teacher housewife etc)...

I ran it by my doctor and he 
shook his head in disbelief...
I showed my mom and her sisters, 
and the weight just fell 
off them all seeming overnight...

It’s as if the hands of time 
went backwards- more energy, more youth...

All yours for $99 plus shipping and handling...
Unless you order today for $9.99

And hurry before they make me take this down -
Big pharmaceutical companies 
Don’t want this to get out! 

Sorry, but  this offer won’t last...
But your results will! 

Etc etc etc. 
Let’s write the perfect weight loss ad! 
Offer void where you live. 
Your mileage may vary.




1 comment:

  1. Send check money order to Anne H.
    Sorry no refunds. That’s the shipping and handling fee. Lol
    Anne H

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!