15 November 2018

a good night


Ok. The results are coming in.  
Almost unanimous. 
Better sleep without wine. 


I took a good walk after work. 
My workout pulse is not high enough 
To be detected as anything more than “activity.”
Plus, I’m learning the apps. 


When this cat is displaced, 
He hides. 


When this cat is displaced, 
He cuddles. 

I’ve become more of a “hider.”


Regardless of how much you love it,
Or who is doing the work, 
Renovations are always stressful. 
It’s hard to be displaced. 

The cats are so mad (the gregarious one) 
about being displaced, 
He took all my laundry 
From the basket, and hauled it
To the catbox. 
Twice. 


The sweet family I work for (or with?)
Make me this full sugar cheesecake. 

Now comes the age old question- 
To eat- or not to eat? 
I ate some. One small slice.
And I gained 3 pounds overnight. 
Mostly water, I’m sure. 

Some people can do it. 
I was one of those. 
But now I’m not.  
So back to the strictness. 

The drawbridge is going back up, 
I told the mom, and the Open Season 
On unencumbered eating is closing. 
This week I gave up every again. 
Carbs, Wine, and Caffeine. 
I guess I’m tough enough! 

But it’s just not worth it. 
What a goofball I am. 
I keep having to learn that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!