05 April 2013

atticus, jem, and scout



Little Jem just flew out of the cage
He is the only boy of the group.
And the smallest, and the wildest.

Just as I was about to give up on him, 
He flew right back in the cage!
So I tightened up all the open spaces (with fake ivy)
And went to bed early,
Contemplating my luck and the events of the day.

I mean, seriously... how often does that happen? 

In and Out - nothing tastes good.
Must be too much work and long hours!

Ox Tail Stew tastes good, 
and I am making some more this weekend.

Full sun today - made the Azaleas stop and poke you in the eye.
Not my eye, mind you...

Oh dear.... shivering cold temps continue!
Film at 11... 

3 comments:

  1. Love the birdies and the azaleas. I saw some green things poking up out of the ground, so hopefully we get some flowers here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet Jem! The picture caught my attention first and I realized he was sitting on the back door. I'm glad he flew back in. Scary for such a tiny little thing. Oxtail Stew on Sunday, perhaps?
    ~SKW

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is cold here too, Anne. I'm so sick of it. I need some warm sunshine. It would do me a world of good to get outside. I would love to have some pink azaleas in my yard but we aren't allowed to plant anything here. Pink is my favorite color,

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!