10 April 2024

bully for you


I’m surprisingly non-reactive 
To this latest episode. 
How “rude” I am because I asked him to remember to turn off the kitchen light. 


So he left the house with every light on. 
Because he is a bully. 
Note: on my days off 
-my only chance to sleep late -
He gets up at 3 am. 
Other days- 9 am. 





I’ve got one of my very own. 
Last week, he scolded me because 
The cat was constipated. 
And he wanted me to come home 
And give him medicine. (The cat)


This week the medicine made the cat drool. 
This much drool. Not a lot. 
This week, I’m ruining all the 
expensive furniture and I am a bitch
 because I won’t come home and clean it up. 


I joined Al-Anon in December,
 because I realized he builds elaborate 
Multi-level mental games. 

Here’s how it is when you live with a drunk. 
He provokes out of the blue. 
I respond nicely
OMG please im so sorry honey I had no idea here let me fix it for you - here- I’ll pay your rent please don’t kill yourself - please don’t be mad- I’ll do better 
And he escalates it
Then throws me under the bus 
Just in time to say
“WhAt thE hEcK iS wRoNg WiTh her?
ShE is Sooooo CrAZY!”


All in an effort to protect his supply/stash. 
Which is his isolation and blackout drinking. 
Which has now been replaced with gummies. 
That he owes me money for. 




2020 and 2024


Closet. Before and After 
Nobody cares until they can’t find something 
Then they all want it cleaned up. 
Just not by them. 


New Gizmo and Gadget. 
Super deluxe sleep mask. 
So I’m gradually getting better. 
At least I’m not falling for it every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!