09 June 2015

a fatty leg story



Got up early to take Lyft -
To the VA for a check up - follow up


It is a totally different place at 4 am-
Than it is a 10 am!








So my Doc says WHY ARE YOU NOT BETTER?
I tell him - I don't know - it is JUST a contusion, right?
Doc asks me about my diet.
I tell him I am on Low Carb, and have had GREAT success with it.
My labs are much better - as good as anyone on a low fat diet.
He says Yes - I agree!
(wow - I have waited a long time to hear a Doc agree with that!)

But he thinks that because of my being heavy for so many years,
I caused microscopic damage to my knees.
And now, with an injury -
Well, it show up in the form a delayed healing.
Hell told me to come back in a week.
And ditch the wheelchair.
Just use the crutches, and he can release me to work.

Then he asked about Lyft - 
And I told him how great it is!
I got a good Doc - thank goodness!
He also told me to lose 10 pounds
Which is fair. 
I guess some weight is skin and some is just aging.
I did good at 150 - 155.
Still wear the same size - 
But wear it "better" - you  know!

2 comments:

  1. I loved the pix and luv ya too feel better fast girlfriend! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! It has helped me so much in this new year to have a healthier more fit lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!