29 October 2011

cross fit numbers


Got back from Cross Fit this week,
Where I did my monthly weights.
Lost two pounds of muscles.
Gained one pound of fat.
Probably by sitting around on the couch
for 3 weeks - with Strep Throat. Yep - that'll do it!

Still - 28% BF.
Haven't left that range,
Despite the ups and downs.
I'm ok with that.
I am 51 in 2 weeks, after all. No need to
stress about the weight loss. I am in a good range.
But still improving.

But I don't care about being first -
or finishing in "x" number of days.
We, here in the blogs, already know that's 
another story altogether. 

It took me nearly 3 years to get to the starting point.
What's the hurry? I have nothing to "prove!"
I'm already dancing just about as fast as I can!

Two years ago - or so -
it was very difficult to even walk up the stairs!

This isn't about selling books or programs... 
It's a real life that was functional in many ways....
But probably on the very of internal collapse!

Oh! My poor little organs... 
And the dirty rotten things I did to them!

My coach asked (above) what we can't do without.
I can't do without my..... LIVER!
(That's why it's called a liver.)
How's THAT for primary motivation?
My little heart - doing's it's best.
I love my adrenals, and thyroid!
And I'm pretty fond of my pancreas, too.
After all, it's the only one I have!

Treat Williams said it best.

This time around the block, my motivation is more 
"primary." I'm not trying to gain or lose for any 
other reason or secondary goal.  Except health.
That's a first!

So yay! For getting better!
And not just better numbers on a page.
By golly - I think I'm finally catching on!

The WOD was "Helen"
My time was 7:35

Hope your day is wonderful!

5 comments:

  1. I can't do without my bloggie people!
    Well, I could, but I wouldn't like it.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done great, Anne. You are an inspiration to many of us. Not only do you fight the good fight every day, you keep a wonderful attitude about it. I admire you more than I can say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've heard that saying "wisdom comes with age"? Well, I think that applies to us when it comes to working out...I don't NEED to compete with anyone but myself, and just the fact that I'm doing anything makes me a winner, as does you!

    Good job staying with it. That is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a "Treat!" My favourite musical...hands down!

    Helen looks tough...I just watched a couple do it on YouTube. Ouch!

    You are a CrossFit wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear a lot of good things about the cross-fit style of ass whoopings....way to go!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!