10 December 2011

walking and stretching

Kinda a low and slow day.
Ate one meal and one shake.
And coffee with cream.

Touch my heel to my butt.
The classic hamstring stretch!
6 months ago, I could not do that.
Mission accomplished!

Walked on the treadmill 30 minutes...
did a program where it puts you through the paces.... 
Faster, slower, up hills, all around.
Never was able to do that till this very night.
The strength came back on suddenly!
I didn't expect it. I wasn't even tired.

Weighing everything. Don't trust my eyes.
they might be bigger than my stomach!

I've taken the Cod Liver Oil for 60 days now.
Maybe those Omega 3's are starting to kick in.
They have a very long half life...
And the half-life of some of the artificial TransFats -
Which I had over the summer - is 51 days!

Brisket and peppers and onions...
Yum in a bowl!

Hope your day is awesome!

10 comments:

  1. Well how awesome is that... you can literally kick your own butt! It's pretty obvious you've already been doing that figuratively for the last couple of years. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day I was stretching in the pool and realized my foot touched my butt. I was amazed I could do that. It's been way forever since that has happened. Like sitting crossed leg on the floor and not having your legs go to sleep. It's awesome. Keep up the treat work Anne. Keep inspiring, it's helping. Now if you can give me the magic that will take away the sugar cravings I'd love it. I'm not induldging, in fact nothing for over 2 weeks but it still screams every single day, all the time!! It stinks.
    Oh well, I'll learn.
    Take care and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to give you PLENTY of advance notice... I'd love for you to drive up to Duncan on June 23rd to join my TOPS team in participating in my first ever 5K. (Duncan Founder's Day 5K to benefit MS research) :) I would be so honored! Anyway, I know it is a bit of a drive- just think about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally they've kicked in and given you what you wanted!! I'm so proud of you for sticking with your program and getting stronger!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It never occurred to me to try to touch my heel to my backside but as soon as I read this, I got up and tried it. I could do it but it really stretched the front of my leg. I guess that a good thing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes - that is what it is for -
    a good way to stretch the hamstrings in the front of the legs!

    Thanks - y'all!
    Duncan, eh? Well, nothing is off limits for me - we'll see!
    Thanks for the invite. Wouldn't that be great if it worked out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cod liver oil eh?? I am sure it is really good for you, but how does it taste? Or do you do capsules?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice stretch and great walk!!! Glad your energy kicked back in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The brisket looks good. Congrats on the treadmill workout. I have those preprogrammed workouts too but can't do them yet.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!