14 December 2011

today I ate this


My little meal plan is slowly evolving 
as I learn to bring the Omega 6's way down - 
from as much as 20 times this! 
About 6% total PUFA.. I'll take it!

You know what would be amazing?
If you - yes you - went to PaleoTrack. com (link)
And did a quick study on your food intake....
just to see what your Omega 6 numbers are.
It's free and takes just a moment.
And I bet it will surprise you!
If you do it, please let me know!
And NO - I don't work there. 
I just use the site - it's great!


Today I had
4 Christopher's eggs (660mg omega 3 per egg)
4 slices bacon 
(too high Omega 6... won't re-up on bacon for a while)
wilted spinach with onion
protein shake x 2 (not ideal, but hey)
some butter
coffee with heavy whipping cream


Tracking food is great - it shows where 
the areas are than need more work.
I was getting about 500 - 700 calories a day...
Some days 800 - 1200...
Not enough with all the CrossFit, etc I do.
Walking into walls... acting all goofy
(worse than usual)
And thought I was doing right!
Ate more food - and BAM!
Perked up like a proverbial daisy.
Who knew!

7 comments:

  1. I got some of the Christopher's eggs yesterday but haven't eaten any yet. Thanks for telling us about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that looks tasty! lol, better get off here now and GO.TO.BED. before I crack, go to walmart and hose a pound of bacon. lololol. Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog anne. You have always been supportive, and I hope I have been supportive of you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmm, yummy breakfast!!! Thanks so much, Anne, for your always supportive comments on my blog!!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bacon and Eggs... I adore them. I don't do much bacon though. It is one of those foods for me that I can't stop once I get started. I CRAVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely would not be enough food for me. Glad you were listening to the needs of your body and made appropriate increases.
    I don't eat a lot but more than 800 calories per day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay. WHY do I want my Omega-6 ratio lower? Nope, I haven't been paying close attention lately to your good information...too busy with sewer lines and environmental impact studies!

    My total planned intake for today, 3g omega-6, 1 g omega-3, 4 g Polyfat, 4 g monofat per Paleo-Track. Interesting, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!