31 December 2010

regular holiday

It's Brisket time in the Pseudo-South....
Texas is a whole 'nother country.
and not in the South per se
Although it might very well be south of where you live!
And probably is!

Brisket with Sugar Free Pancake syrup and hot sauce.
It's pretty good!


My new fave snack is Pork Rinds with cheese...
Made like nachos...
And covered with hot sauce!

Can you really lose weight eating cheese and brisket?
Yep. You can. It's called "LoCarb."

Still holding strong on the Yerba Mate
and no coffee, no Monster Energy Drinks.

Divide up the stash of peanuts....
Although I think it would behoove me
to drop them altogether for now.
I found the Yerba Mate has a few carbs!!
Who knew?

More to the point - the bigger question is
Now What? 
Time to dig a little deeper 
into my Problem Solving Repertoire
and see what needs to be done - and do it!

I can cut back here and there - 
it's all good!

LOW carb is not NO carb.
(But it IS the new Low Fat!)

Conflicting reports show anywhere from 2 - 8 grams 
of carbs per serving. How can that be? Is it even true?

My Mother used to say that every thing is either animal,
mineral or vegetable. Or VitaMeataVegamin.
She always loved and accepted me.
I'm lucky that way. Probably more lucky than I know.


I found this while cleaning out old emails and files from
my Mac. Out with the old. To make room for the New and
Improved! This was 1998 - ish. Hi Mom!
She would be 90 if she were still living.

I couldn't take her anywhere!
She was always fun and the life of the party.

This was probably the first time 
she had ever seen a computer.
Even one with no sound.

I have a good feeling about this whole 
New Years thing....
Thanks to Everyone who has been so 
supportive and kind through my
amazing and occasionally tumultuous
weight-loss journey!

Blogs and Kisses!
And I hope that where ever you are,
you are happy and healthy and
know that you are loved!

Happy New Year!

20 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Anne. I hope to MEAT ya in 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, your mom was a cutie! I see where you get it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Anne! My 2010 has certainly been better because you were in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing you with your mom *big smile*. Happy New Year!!! Hope you have a terrific day and year and forever. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm pepper jack cheese! Pass me some!! :D


    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the wonderful smile your mom has! I wonder who that reminds me of?? Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable your mom! She must have been terrific, and yes you are lucky.

    Never tasted pork rinds, but since you vouch for em I'll give em a whirl. :)

    HAPPY NEW YEAR! May it be your very best year ever!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was trying to write down what I was eating but after much research I finally settled on south beach. Kind of a mixture of low carb/GI. It's day 3 and so far it's going well.
    Hope the new year brings you much happiness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you! I wish you tranquility, productivity, and much insight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Anne! I wish you the best of whatever makes you happy.

    I thought I was the only person who liked pork rinds a-la nachoesque :)

    Those are some cute videos of you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year!!

    see ya in a few months, I gotta get my Wicked tickets this week end!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year Anne! Love the videos with your mom - I'd say the two of you together must have been quite the entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for my March trip to Fort Worth to eat some of that Texas meat! I'm so glad I found you in 2010. Thanks for your kind support, and your amazing encouragement over the year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year Anne!

    Love seeing you and your mom smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lookit younger you! Still got the great smile. You and momma look like you're so very dear to each other. I like dat.

    So cute to see you with dark hair!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel the same way for this coming year! I'm excited and am filled w/great expectations.

    Loved the video's of you and your mom-you both look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. :) :) The video had me smiling. The cheese has me begging for some though. Happy new year, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im late, but blogs n kisses to you too!!! I loved seeing the little movies of you and your mom, especially the one where you're both smiling and laughing!

    and I could write this part as well, so wanted to copy/paste cuz its just coolness:
    More to the point - the bigger question is
    Now What?
    Time to dig a little deeper
    into my Problem Solving Repertoire
    and see what needs to be done - and do it!

    I can cut back here and there -
    it's all good!

    LOW carb is not NO carb.
    (But it IS the new Low Fat!)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year, Anne. I hope 2011 brings you all your want for yourself. Here in Tennessee the traditional meal is blackeyed peas but we will be breaking with tradition. I think we will just nosh on whatever we find in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You 2 are so cute :) Thank you for sharing that memory with us!
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!