26 December 2010

back to basics

Hands Up? Question?
Nope - it's Wheelchair Work Out 101...


Little old ladies in Nursing homes can do this....
They do it every day! Some use resistance bands.


They look forward to it - 
it's a right and a privilege to move like this


Now that so many of us are "old," 
the AARP groups are into it, too


A different era of fitness and fatness and beauty.

It's sweeping  Octogenarians off their feet!
Go, Twinkle Toes!
And thank you for being a friend!


Sitter-cise: move it or lose it!


Proves you can be healthy at many levels of fitness

Some people work out like their lives depend on it!
.........................................................
So if other people can stretch, I can stretch.
Wow - I don't even have to get up!

And now may I present my personal humble agenda:
Top Reasons For Not Working Out 

⧠ too busy
⧠ headache
⧠ didn't want to
⧠ I'll start next week
⧠ too hungry
⧠ afraid I might die if I tried
⧠ didn't want to get all sweaty
⧠ I'll start tomorrow
⧠ ________________
fill in the blank with the
Flavor Of The Day


Oh, and just a note before starting a
work out routine!
Always consult your health care professional
before you do anything. Anything at all.
But especially before working out.

And best of luck to you all.
I just want you to know -
We're all counting on you.

Having a good day? I hope so 
with all my beating heart.


all images from google: old people working out and wheelchair workouts
'cept for me snapping da glove. Cell phone adds the stars!

19 comments:

  1. And don't call me Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you are enjoying snapping on the glove just too much. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that - a right and a privilege to move like that. That pic of you snapping your gloves made me howl! My daughter LOVES rubber gloves and we got her some fancy ones for Christmas - she loved them. Weird. She loves wearing them at her hospital co op placement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about:
    I have nothing to wear or I'll be too hot (or cold)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an encouraging site to see all the elderly people trying to move and work out!

    Your gloves are scary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started out in a chair class. I keep reminding myself how far I've come, and how easy it would be to go back if I'm not careful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. is there a reason for the added google notations at the end?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nah- I just take most of my own pictures.
    99.9% of them are my own.
    So when I don't, I try to give credit where it is due.
    Kinda so no one thinks I am stealing their thunder.
    I'm kinda new to that part.... maybe there is a better way?

    Plus in THIS case, I didn't want anyone to think
    that I took pictures of actual patients!
    That is a big no-no!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the photos of these older people exercising. I'm 70 and exercise is so important to me. Just getting out of a chair can be exercise if you do it right.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was a rehab aide in a nursing home for 12 years, I was the one that made them get up and move. Some loved it, others not so much.
    Take care Anna and thank you for such a great post.
    Have a great week. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an amusing post. And any time photos of The Golden Girls are involved, I'm happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the Golden Girls!!! I remember that episode too!
    You nailed a bunch of my excuses in your list....ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw damn, my excuse list is longer than yours. *sigh* Suppose I oughtta do sumpin' bout it, huh? Here we go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post!! Nurse with gloved hand gave me the chills - but otherise true, true, true!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha! Now I know why you're the nice nurse! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Post Anne. You really got me thinking about all my lame excuses! If they can do it, I can do it.
    I like your new profile pic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That movie is where the phrase "shit hit the fan" finally made sense to me. lol

    When I was in jr and sr high, I volunteered at a nursing home and helped with the exercise hour. When I was young, I had no idea that people actually hurt as they aged--so looking back, I'm so proud of my former friends. lol

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!