07 October 2010

tibetan monks

Before the performance

Lovely items for sale

Sacred Music - Sacred Dance
For world healing

YouTube video
It was very meditative like -
No cameras, but it was alot like this video

After the performance

Waving goodnight!

Walking back to where ever it is Tibetan Monks stay

Smile - they were already smiling!
The Tibetan Monks are featured in Downtown Dallas 

But this event was held at Booker T Washington
Arts Magnet High School...

These students made wood etchings to give to the Monks
as a prayer flag on patches of cloth.

It was a great time - I almost didn't go
Because of my shyness....
That - an not having anything to wear that fits me!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Forgot to eat today - no hunger at all!
But I drank plenty of fluids through out the day.
And ate a handful of peanuts after work
to keep from waking up in a hungry way!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Wish you were here - you would have loved tonight!
Hope your weekend is great - big plans?

17 comments:

  1. Sounded cool wish I was there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks cool, would have loved to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved the monks ever since I watched Seven Years in Tibet. It is hard to believe your shy. Big plans...It is our Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. so my plans are how to not overeat this weekend. Do you like clothes shopping now Anne as compared to before. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have so gone to that with you! It looks fantastic. A friend of mine recently visited Tibet and her photos were amazing and inspiring and as col as this sounds like. Glad you went. And woo-hoo! Everything's too big. You gotta love that.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  5. How on earth can you forget to eat? Oh to have that problem.
    No weekend plans... except counting down the hours until monday, when the kids go back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, the monks and YOU!!!

    Tell me how to forget to eat....oh I wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love those kind of prints! I've always wanted to try it. If only there were more hours in the day. :-D

    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great cultural experience. I'd love to see something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all do that sometimes; find excuses to not go to something and then when we push ourselves to go it turns out to be a great experience. This post is really great, anne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waving and Smiling Tibetan Monks...feels like Dallas is getting one Big Blessing :)

    That Crow Center Link was impressive with their line up...never a lack of things to see or do in Dallas. Were you able to get a sneak peak at the
    sand art? I would hate to be the person who cleans it up- it would just feel wrong! Nevertheless, what a perfect reminder that everything here is just temporary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If the monks are sworn to silence, how do they correct the musical stylings ? A saw the Dahli Lama at Madison Square Garden last year. He told me I was an ass sometimes also... Who knew...
    Loves ya..

    ReplyDelete
  12. That would have been fantastic to experience!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like a wonderful time :) Thanks for sharing with us!
    (are you shy... for real??? Surprising hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Forgetting to eat"...ah, haven't happened to me in a l-o-n-g time. Used too happen often, especially in my younger days. I do get too busy to eat though.

    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes!!!!
    Wish I could have been there
    and soooooooooooooo glad you were
    glad you didn't let shyness
    or what to wear
    stop you
    Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the cultural education you gave us with this post and pictures.

    No big plans for weekend: hope to get in another 20 miles on my bike, though

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool, Anne. That would be the only way I'd ever forget to eat. You live an interesting life.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!