16 September 2011

some kind of all-american

All except the apple pie - 
not even the sugar free ones

Start your day off the right way - 
My new fave is Starbucks SF hazelnut.
My once a week (2nd job) treat!

I still like sweeteners.... and might just like them for a while.

Really?

Life's a Witch and then you Fly

No - but I am going to find out!
Do you know what a calcium score is?
Hint: This kind is not about bones!

Adding back turkey (late at night) to take advantage of the
effect it has on me.... lots of sleep!
And Arginine... and guacamole, in this case!

Time to get rid of Summer and bring on Fall

Still lots of construction all around!

The Coach at CrossFit said I might be ready to go up
to the next level soon. I told him that I would be happy
to stay at the lower level for a while.... this is not a 90 day fix for me.

He was a bit shocked - most people are chomping at the bit 
to get into the harder classes - too fast, in some cases.
When they might not be actually ready for it.

I was heavy for so long - 
2 years ago I was barely able to walk up a flight or two of stairs.
It will take more than 3 months (now)
to get me from the lowest level of being sick, and just being alive - 
to where I can actually make progress in a class like CrossFit!

The head injury didn't help.
I know heads - and hearts - heal.
But this change is for life - so there's no hurry!
A year is short term to me, now.

Yay - hope your day is strong!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT as I live that.
    a year is indeed short term to me now as well.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're not feeling the rush to advance in Crossfit. Make it work for you. You'll know when it's time to increase. But yes, you HAVE come a long way, and it's great to see you appreciate yourself for doing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on this, no rush!! I was always in a hurry when I was a big girl, now life is something I savor, I am enjoyng the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although you are in no hurry, I think it is wonderful that your Coach thinks you are just about ready for the next level...you may not think you are progressing...but you are!!! Yahoooooo!!!

    Have a luverly weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne, I've missed you! It's been kinda crazy around here and I haven't been around much. I just caught up on your posts and am so impressed with your progress at Cross Fit and your understanding that life changes take time. Good for you. Your body will let you know when it's time to step up to the next level. I admire you for even stepping foot into the class to begin with so take your time and go at your own pace.

    Hope you have a great weekend planned. xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit I still use sweeteners!
    Good for you on pacing your self at cross fit much better to wait till your ready to go to the next step.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!