15 August 2010

my short stay*cation




Hospitals at night
coming home from work  in the wee hours of the morning

Either the worst QRS complex in the world
Or Charlie Brown's shirt design!

Babe's Fried Chicken
Wal*Mart is always open

Burger EET - the name says it all!

They called me in and asked me to work.
I really don't like to sit at home, while someone dies alone.
I'm no hero - that's just one thing I cannot abide.
So I went. Stopped at the store afterwords.
Got some SugarFree Ginger Ale
Mix it with lime, for an OMG treat.
.....................................................................
About the protein types -
Since someone asked :D

Whey Concentrate - 
it lasts about 4 hours and fills you up.
Regular off the shelf protein.

Whey Isolate -
lasts about 1 to 2 hours 
and goes right in, so to speak.
A little more expensive
Sometimes "designer" labels.
Mixes easy

Egg Whites
Not the slimy kind from raw eggs
PLEASE!
That is asking - no; begging for trouble.
Despite the name, they don't ship to Canada.
A step up from the other pasteurized kinds.
With no yellow food coloring added.

I buy the whey in 10 pound boxes, for about $70 each, 
at Netrition (link.) They do ship to Canada.

I buy one "concentrate," and one "isolate" and mix them.
It lasts all summer and then some!
I don't have an affiliation at Netrition,
(But if I did, I would pass along the savings!)

I buy vanilla protein and add different s/f flavors to it.
A new flavor every day. I use it as one meal replacement per day.
Seen here at Memorial Day in my (then) new Netrition shirt.
You get a free t shirt with a certain amount ordered.
.............................................................................
Why did the blonde stare at a box of Whey Protein?
Because it said "Concentrate"!
[Now that I am blonde, I can tell blonde jokes.]
.................................................................................
Hope your day is "all that" - and then some!
In case you are curious, it's still  hot here.
19 of the past 20 days have been over 100〫F
here in Texas.  Every day in July was close to 100.
Wanna visit? 

8 comments:

  1. You have a tough job but the patients are blessed to have a caring person with them so they are not alone. I think it is hard to work all night some of the time and days other times.
    We have vanilla protein that we use in smoothies.
    The antler looks as tall as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering my question :) Love the army pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you were able to be with that person at the end.

    It is freaking hot and humid here too. We went to a block party last night and it was still 95 degrees after 10 p.m. I was soaked just standing there.

    I get my protein at Costco. It is not expensive and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was a Carb Tripper ... a Sunday driver, yeah... couldn't resist. Egg Whites International - no shipping to Canada, then? Awww, I cannot stand the idea of eating Canadian egg whites....blah!

    You are a beautiful blonde!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A special place in heaven for you my friend, great photos.
    Sorry I am late getting around (and behind) but have had computer problems and now am trying to get use to my new one. Have a great week.
    ........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!