14 May 2010

thank you, katie j!


The kind and gracious Katie J has given me a Fabulous Blogger Award!
Thank you Katie J! 
Who is very much on her way!

The award was started by the (also) kind and gracious  
Sheilagh at her blog "Sixty Is Good"!

I love how these blog awards circle around and extend through other blogs.
You never know where it's going to end up.
Everyone is good, and worthy and deserving.
We all have things in common, and things that set us apart.

I love the blogs, because I can mess up here a thousand times.
And people are still supportive.
I guess because we see parts of ourselves in each other.
And ask "Who hasn't done that?"
Or "Jeez - I was wrong!"
The FORM is different, sometimes.
But the underlying message is always the same.

Sometimes it's food. 
Sometimes it's the nurturing that the food represents.

Sometimes it's sex.  
Or the intimacy that we crave - in the form of sex, or love.

Losing weight is not a contest.
Blogging is not a contest.

Blogging extends. It goes out.
It radiates and shares!
It gives and loves, without conditions attached.

I am learning a better way to eat, and live.
Self-care, etc...
Sometimes it's just a glimpse.
Sometimes I get it right away.
I've heard it said that the only question ever worth asking is
"What is it for?"

I finally set down my end of the tug-of-war rope I was pulling on.
The "jealousy/comparison" one.
No one was tugging on the other side, anyways!
The resistance I thought I was feeling, must have been 
from where I'd wound the rope around my own best interests! 
And it was getting a little too tight.

Thanks for everyone who reads here!
Your support and comments are what blogging is all about.

A gentle Spring rain is coming...
Care to sing in the rain with me?
Rain makes things grow!

I looked for a YouTube video of Ellen to post here.
No luck finding it, though. Years ago, she did a skit - 
She said "I was sarong, and I'm sari!"
hehe!

Hope your day and your week end is wonderful!

And for the award....

13 comments:

  1. Ah....much better now!
    We now return to our regularly scheduled programming....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute award! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award Anne, You deserve it, I really like all the art sculptures, don't know why I missed them. have a great weekend. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award and this post is very done my friend, full of lots of good stuff. Hope you have a great weekend.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said, Anne, another great post. I love how you are so honest and spontaneous. And congrats on your award. Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nobody was holding the other rope anyway. Insightful to say the least.

    ~Angie, not signed in....

    ReplyDelete
  7. RIGHT!
    Until I eat my own words again.
    Like right now...it's like starting over every minute.
    I feel myself slipping away here...
    I give up already!
    Can't we all just get along?
    To paraphrase Rodney King.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done...well done! Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Ellen has always cracked me up. Loved your inspirational words.

    Blogs should be extensions of ourselves, a way to communicate with the e world and beyond.

    You are definitely fabulous, Anne. Guess, I'll be strewing flowers at your feet from now on, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think i love you, Anne. :)

    i would LOVE to sing in the rain with you. unless you'd like to come here and dance in the sunshine with me??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I always feel the blog love when I visit here and when you visit me. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blog Love for EveryOne - Stat!
    And all back at 'cha! Thanks, y'all....

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!