13 May 2010

runway bride

Perhaps the most beautiful woman I have ever seen (in person)
Was having a wedding in a little chapel, next to this massive downtown cathedral.
She was outside waiting when I went into the (separate) church part.

I don't know her - I was just passing by, and thought it would be a good day
to go into this beautiful, gothic church.
A little breeze caught her train and it blew all around her -
It was like something magic or in slow motion.
I must have been staring,
because we stopped, and kinda looked at each other.
It was one of those very long moments of eye contact.
She was probably thinking "Who the F are you?"
I asked her if I could help her with anything...
She was looking for something....
I don't know what...

If projection is a fact, then more often than not,
I project beautiful things... I live in a beautiful world...
I must be ok on some level.
I don't question it anymore,
but I am surprised when the "unexpected" occurs,
which is a good reaction to the unexpected!



Monster w/whey concentrate for breakfast
The whey concentrate takes a little longer to digest
Where as the egg whites, or whey isolate seem to be digested faster.
The result is hunger control!

Hamburger with tomato sauce...think spagetti without the noodles.
I never drink whiskey but I did tonight. And got in the tub
with some magnesium bath crystals that a nice blogger sent me.
The whiskey was optional; it was like Colin Farrell in the movie "The Recruit."
Just not as drunk... or cute... Don't worry - I had my clothes on!
I've taken a proper bath (in the tub) maybe twice since I gained weight.
Much easier going without it. Just kidding about the clothes!

Drinking music from Carmina Burana - by Carl Orff
What memories from way back in collage, as a music major!


Ego sum abbas Cucaniensis
et consilium meum est cum bibulis,
et in secta Decii voluntas mea est,
et qui mane me quaesierit in taberna
post vesperam nudus egredietur,
et sic denudatus veste clamabit:
Wafna, wafna! quid fecisti, Sors turpissima?
nostrae vitae gaudia
abstulisti omnia!


Hey I wanna tell ya sumpin....
Wish you were here!

20 comments:

  1. Rut Ro! Drunk blogging? Almost as bad as my sleeping pill induced blogging. Or as one of my childhood friends does frequently, facebooking while intoxicated. I love his posts those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not drunk per se!
    I was cooking with it...
    Yeah, that's it....coooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures of the church, the stained glass with the chairs in front. Not a whiskey drinker here that is for sure., but I do like a bath. lol. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whiskey had an unusual name....
    Canadian, of course!
    So I had to try one little ounce.
    More like a sip FROM the ounce.

    A nice German beer is good from time to time.
    I haven't had one since I don't know when...
    Too many calories.
    Much better when I actually lived in Frankfurt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great encounter outside the chapel. Memorable.
    The chapel is very charming. Perfect for a small wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a beautiful chapel......hope you don't get a hangover from good Canadian Whiskey. (I only drink wine)........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like a scene from a movie. :o)

    And you are more than okay on all levels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whiskey? You're hardcore. I'll stick to coconut rum like a real messy alcoholic-type. Woooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful church and cool connection with the bride. I think you surpass okay and you are way hotter than Colin Farrell.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...cool pics... I could swear I've seen something like that in a movie.

    Lovely sentiment about beauty in life too...very poetic...

    ...or was that the booze talking!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah yes. I recall those days of wine and roses.

    Ahem.

    Some of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a medical experiment, of sorts.
    Q: Does Red Bull really mix with ETOH?
    Alcohol, that is. Texas Tea.
    A: Yes! It's quite good, really.
    My body is relaxed, but/and my mind is sharp.
    Not Sherpa. Not SharPei. Not per se!
    Sorry - now I'm just being silly.
    It's all fun and games 'till somebody gets hurted.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures and post.

    Tabitha was rocking out to O Fortuna from Carmina Burana the other day when it was playing on the telly... We were in the supermarket yesterday and they started playing Red Hot Chili Peppers over the sound system and she started clapping and shouting "YAY" at the top of her voice - the other customers were cracking up! She doesn't seem to do typical children's favourites! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, the experiment was a raging success!
    No wonder they sell this combo when ya go out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a really wonderful day Anne. Catching up with a bride, seeing a beautiful church, a bath AND whiskey! Woo-hoo!
    Have a great weekend,
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am giving you the Fabulous Blogger award! :-D I love all your pictures Anne. Plus your encouragement, humor, wit and charm mean the world to me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY! Miss Katie J ...and Thank You!
    I feel the same about you and your blog.
    Next time I'm in California.....next trip....
    We'll have coffee and/or lunch for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this post. I love love and weddings and stained glass weddings. And moments with beautiful people when I'm caught staring. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know, right?
    There was no time, no space, just a very long look....
    No thoughts, nor judgements or even reactions....
    It was a moment in time...set apart from time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That church is incredible!!

    ~angie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!