28 May 2010

best little melt-down in texas


My only job right now.
Controlling the space from "here" to "there."
It's about a foot or less, eh?

Seems sooo easy.
We all know that it's not always as it seems.

I sure do eat my own words this last year.
They sucked going out, and worse coming back to me.

Let's see if I've managed to learn anything at all this last year....
Uh, er, um.......

Low Frustration Tolerance
Poor Impulse Control
Do all Fat People have Eating Disorders?
 Disordered Thinking?
Is it a type of substance abuse?
Negative thinking - projection - ego stuff?
Do all people?

No, I didn't binge...
Or act-out, or any of that...
I just continue to shock myself
With my insights of self-discovery!

It's not about the food. It's not about the special relationships.
For me, it keeps going back to "form and content."

Fear is always a sign of strain, arising whenever what you want conflicts with what you do.
 … You can behave as you think you should, but without entirely wanting to do so. 
This produces consistent behavior, but entails great strain...
The mind and the behavior are out of accord, resulting in a situation 
in which you are doing what you do not wholly want to do ... (from guess what book) 

The basis of  "integrity"  is to be integrated-  in thought, word, and deed...

To see someone (or something) as an "object of desire"  IS  objectionable.....
...The self-delusion that pleasure WITHOUT relating can exist.


All righty, then!
There, that wasn't so bad.
Now back to our regularly scheduled activities....
And thanks to all the kind people who took the time out
yesterday (and most every day) to show me some kindness!
  • Why can't we all just get along?!
  • Fall down X times, stand up Y (Why? Because we like you!)
  • Feel free to add your favourite euphemistic cliche! (I collect them...)

13 comments:

  1. Sleep, eat, work, play, cry, and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grass is always greener on the other side :)
    Don't have a clue why that's in my brain right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the best we can do is sleep, eat, work, play cry, and get through the day. Glad you are in a better place today. If you are. If not, keep trying, and it's good to share what is really going on, we aren't all snippy snappy happy every day. I know I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound so good today my young friend, I am happy all has settled down. Have a wonderful Memorial Weekend......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a time honored cliche handed down from generation to generation...it was uttered in the olden times by the wisest of the tribes.

    I believe it went something like this...

    "Oh....f*ck it!"

    Eloquent, our forefathers huh?

    I may have gotten this wrong...perhaps it wasn't even a cliche....oh....f*ck it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm. What goes around, comes around. Love the one your with. Help prevent forest fires. I don't know...I got nothing :D

    Thanks for checking on me. Things are going perty good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Except, now I've got that Matchmaker tune stuck in my head, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One day at a time, eh? And progress, not perfection. Thank you so much for the very thoughtful comment on my blog. I appreciate it. XXX and hugs to you, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sleep, eat, work, play, cry, and have a nice day...I did all this today!

    I have no comment for the deep thoughts. I will have to give them careful consideration.

    Cliches...um...I got nothin'.

    Hope you are having a great day!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The early bird catches the worm.

    EEEEWWWWWW!

    The night is always darkest just before the dawn.

    Well. Duh.

    I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me!

    Now that last one might actually have some merit to it, considering Stuart Smalley is now an important politician, with a different name...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darn! Kyle had my favorite cliche :-)

    I can't believe it's Friday already which brings me to my next cliche-- Day late and a dollar short. Sorry I've been missing in action lately. I'm reading and running and will be away a lot this weekend but... It sounds like a good day for you and that's worth it's weight in gold ;-)

    Have a great one my friend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think i shouldn't read in reverse order... i'm confused. :)

    but i love your writing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!