30 May 2010

country day

A team of mules greeted us

I took this Urban Grandmother to visit in the country

No one would go in the hen house but me
(too chicken?)

They make little sounds before they attack, I'm told....

 
Coup de Grace for eggs

A Donkey BBQ
(...what my mother used to call an ass chewing)

Horsing around

Yo - 'sup?

 

Bambi - Noooooo!

This real-live Cowboy... I had to break his heart -
he was making puppy dog eyes at me....

Another day ends in the rumination that is my life

Monster and Brisket at home
Salad and chicken away
Cream cheese with blueberry chipotle sauce
Whipping cream and coffee
Meat and Cheese platter
Probably turkey because I almost passed out...
It's been awhile since that's happened.
I'm allergic to turkey and am usually more careful.

The title of the post came from....can you guess?
The Tragically Hip song, of course!

14 comments:

  1. Wow...a turkey allergy? That is a new one on me.

    I see you were holding an egg hostage...bring in the SWAT team.

    I'm usually surrounded by assess too....such as life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun day at the Farm....looks fun to me. Glad you are okay, I have never met anyone who is allergic to turkey......I knew there was something special about you.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor cowboy, ah well, guess he will always have his horse. Hmm, who could that be in the monster shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My in-law's have chickens at their farm, I went in there to collect eggs when they weren't home. It's kind of scary and a weird experience with them all clucking at you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back away from the turkey!! Now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blueberry chipotle sause? Really? I make chipotle salsa with tomatillos, but blueberries? How intriguing! Is it yummy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allergic isn't the right word per se--
    Perhaps just "sensitive" to turkey.

    And yes- the blueberry chipotle sauce was very very good!

    Next time I go they said I could ride a mule -
    This time I won't be too heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ♫♪♫I got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle... as I go riding merrily along...

    i had chickens when I was growing up. I loved the coop. we would balk to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I told the cowboy "Let me take a picture of your jingling spurs...."
    Perhaps he got the wrong idea....hence the puppy dog eyes.

    You have to be careful who you get you flirt on with.....
    Someone might take you seriously, I guess!

    It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love,love,love the mule team!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots Anne!
    Thanks for dropping in to see me!
    I love your "new" profile photo. ( I saw the one form before at Tena's Place...)
    Hmmm? What is the difference between chicken and turkey to cause an allergic reaction? I've never really considered it before. I've felt MUCH better since giving up poultry...Perhaps I mild allergy was to blame?
    Hope you have a great week!
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new banner! How'd ya do it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lee!
    I did it in photobucket!
    They have tools for
    cut-outs and re-colourizing.
    Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Photobucket?! Well, surprise, surprise...

    Sorry to read that you are having the shivers today. Hope you're feeling spunky again soon. Real soon.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!