23 October 2023

unplugged


Our beautiful city. 
Well- for now…


The Mayor of Dallas 
Recently switched from 
Dem to Pub. Stupid? Or smart? 
Such a diverse base we have 
I wonder if it will work. 


Got home last night. 
The Night Nurse called. 
She said the CPT Vest was not working. 
I asked her if it was plugged in. 
She said she didn’t know. 


Many things are done at home now. 
Instead of the hospital. 
Like IV. And IVIG. 
I’ve even done chest tubes. 
So some plug got undone. 


So fix it already! 
This can’t be such a mental burden. 
And don’t go telling me you don’t 
know how to plug something in. 
I. Just. Stared. Blink. Blink. 

I never dreamed my twilight 
years of nursing - my best time- 
Would lead me to this dark alley. 

The Kenyan Nurses hate the 
Nigerian Nurses. 
The Nurses from Cameron 
Hate them all. And they all hate me.  
They don’t even try to cover it up. 

The Kenyan Nurse said the 
American Embassy in Nigeria 
Had to be moved. It was hacked 
To help the scam universities 
Issue fake nursing certificates. 
So maybe they tried to ruin Nursing. 
During COVID. That sucks. 


Kept hearing people 
In the night.  
Attic noise -the springs on the attic door-
Someone walking around the living room. 
Someone sleeping on the couch. 
All denied. It wasn’t me. 




Hello- Uber? 


Worst ride ever. 
Would not recommend. 
One star. ⭐️ 


And then, they park down the street 
And you have to run for it. 
I’m calling Lyft next time. 
Lolol. 

Every day. A struggle. 
Every day this Fight-Or-Flight. 
Every. Single. Day. 
I’m wiped out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!