09 October 2023

california dreaming

Those vapor lights always look green. 


Well - breaking new. 
My housemate asked me
If I would like to see the new tour
FunnyGirl. And it happens 
to be in San Francisco 
Summer 2024. 

I’ve never been to SF 
But I told my mother I would go. 


She was from little rural Kansas town,
But in WW2, like so many did, 
She married a Merchant Marine. 
And lived in Long Beach. 


My brother and sister were 
Born in Long Beach way back 
In 1940s. True Baby Boomers. 
They were already out of the house 
When I was born. 


There are trains that follow Big Sur
Hiking in Yosemite 
Fisherman’s Wharf…
Alcatraz… I’ve never been. 


And the weather in June would be ok. 
Mark Twain supposedly said
The coldest Winter he ever saw
Was Summer in San Francisco!


But I digress! 
I was going to go to Denver 
But it’s a great idea to go here. 
SF is expensive- so having a 
Travel companion would be nice. 
Especially one who knows the layout. 
She’s been there a dozen times. 

Am I so dense that I won’t take free advice
About traveling- from a professional? 


Shrimp again. 
Shocking. 
I have 8 shrimp and 2 protein shakes. 
I doubled my protein 
Because I have a wound on my leg again. 

The leg I broke is always getting hurt. 
From a wrinkle in a sock. Blisters. 
Sounds more like Zebras with every symptom. 


Party at the case. 
Meatballs with Eggs. OMG 
With Atkins, you go up in carbs
until you plateau. Some people that’s 
30. Or 50. Or 100. 
I can do high carb days but 
1. The treat has to be worth it
(Like vacation) and 
2. Quickly correct. 









When you pants fall down at work
And you hold the box near
To keep them staying up! 

Soooo maybe San Fran!
Funny Girl is there 4 weeks. 





1 comment:

  1. I've been to San Francisco a few times, my son and son-in-law lived in Walnut Creek...Aaron worked at Stanford (RN), and Riley worked in the city. I think it's much more crime-ridden now, than when I was there a few years back, but my goodness it's a beautiful city. I wanted to go to Alcatraz but didn't. If you're with someone who's traveled there a lot, you'll be good. I'd suggest going to the ocean, and seeing the redwoods. How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!