31 October 2023

coldy locks


Puffy cotton balls 
Bad winter a-comin’?


Cold weather means Covefe. 





Scary. Lots of arthritis pain
In the busted knee. 
My right knee. 
Needs heat. And a knee wrap. 



Ghosts of Halloween past. 
Nurse Karen 
Little Pirate
Little Skeleton 
Dr House

Even though I never became 
Miss Universe, or Miss America,
And even though I gained 
15 pound after my knee injury, 
And even though I have had 
COVID like 4 freaking times, 
I’m still a-pluggin’ along. 

Lots of stretching. 
I actually had to move my bad leg
By grabbing my pants leg. 
So it CAN flex and extend 
But with some passive assistance. 



I used to have trouble with
 October November and December. 
And just accepted the fact 
That I would always gain during the holidays. 
At least 10 pounds. 
Then spend 6 months dropping it. 
That was Pre-Atkins! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!