12 October 2023

hitchcock vacation


Good evening! 
Today we are looking at 
A possible vacation scenario. 

Ahhhh a relaxing vacation! 
Let’s plan one now! 


Go West. 
You look VEWWY tiwed 
(Very tired) 


I like to take a month off
(Hospice Nurse Sanity Clause) 
And usually see 2 places. 
Usually if there’s a hike or a 
National Park nearby- score! 
SanFransico and Yosemite. 


Like Portland and Boston - top 2017
Or Portland and Seattle - bottom 2018


And I like to take a train ride. 
To get from point A to B. 
They’re old-fashioned and super cool! 

First leg. Dallas to Los Angeles 
Via Southwest. Dallas loves SWA
Like they love the Dallas Cowboys. 
Win or lose. Cheap and fun. 

Next leg (same day) LA to San Fran. 
Via the Holy Grail of trains- 
Amtrak’s Starlight Express 

Some airports even have Amtrak! 
So no Uber or Air BnB
For Day One. 

Meals and drinks and a sleeping bed. 
For a few dollars more,
you can get a “roomette”
The ride is like 12 hours. 
So lots of time to rest and eat. 
Look out the window at BigSur. 
And get ready to pounce! 


Planning phase

Prep phase. 


Uber planning 


Sight seeing famous places 


See the sights - Painted Ladies 

All those hills. 
I need to walk 10,000 steps 
A day to get ready. 


Since I never really got past
The broken leg. Lol. 


The beaches in Florida 
With the rip tides- 
WAY too hard for me to walk. 
But by then I had just discovered 
Kratom a few months prior. 


Rent a Jeep to drive to Yosemite. 
Play and hike for a week or so. 


If I were 20, I would 
hike in the backcountry. 
If I were 40, I would 
Stay in a van or tent or RV. 
Nowadays- in my 60s
It’s strictly AirBnB. 
Maybe a nice cabin
Or local hotel. Lol. 


One night in a fancy hotel
And off we go! 


Do some shopping
Maybe a pet store 


Maybe a little trip up the coast 


Maybe a little excursion 

Play around in SanFran for 2 weeks. 
Theaters and Musicals 
are usually off on Monday. 
They call it “going dark”. 
So it will be good to travel with
Someone who knows 
How to get around! 

I’ve managed to quit carbs,
Quit drinking, start saving money,
And maintain my (roughly)
100 pound loss -
for going on 15 years! 
It took me 30 years to figure out 
My ego was getting in my way. 
Now for 30 years, I get to 
Maintain! 












No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!