27 March 2019

yearly stuff




In preparation for my trip 
-and after my bragging about Peaty Scotch-
I was gifted this gem. 
Ardberg 10. 
A Peat Monster! 


Demographics say that more women
“Of a certain age” are now liking Smoky Scotch. 
So much so that it’s now marketed toward us. 

One review of Ardbeg 10 
said it’s like a drinking Road Tar, 
with hints of BandAid. 
But it’s very well received
And people love it. 

As a Medical Professional,
Here is my take on having a cold:

It will last a week if you treat it. 
And 7 days if you don’t. 

Lol. Actually, it’s more like 10 days. 

So I’m no longer sounding
Like I’m coughing up a lung. 

I find that even an ounce of alcohol- or less
Keeps me from having a restful sleep. 
It stays in my system for about 6 hours
Then drops off. 

The wound on my leg is closed,
Well approximated, and virtually healed. 
I had a doctor appointment,
But in true VA fashion, 
The problem is gone 
by the time you get to be seen. 

My yearly “computer things” 
are getting done today. 

The patio is happy
 to have rotting wet bird seed removed. 

The stuff that’s been under the bathroom sink
It finally getting cleared to make room for me. 
Since I am a tenant in a house,
I need to put my bathroom stuff somewhere. 
Preferably- in the bathroom! 

And all my Glamping Gear is packed
In bins and boxes for my trip. 

I’m ready and rested and happy. 

Funny how things work. 
I was literally picking up the phone
To call the office and 
remove myself from the “hard case.”
When the Mom came, in singing Eminem. 
My fave rapper. 
I sang along with some lyrics, 
And her jaw dropped. 
She didn’t want to play Eminem 
Because I guess she thought I was a prude, 
And would not approve. 

Do I look like a prude?
Hmmmph! 

My Beloved Nephew and I 
Used to drive around all hours
Listening to Eminem. 
He’s the Shakespeare of our time. 
Brilliant! Gifted, even. 
(Eminem, not my nephew. Lol) 

So we bonded and had a great hour. 
Mom’s shoulders dropped
And so did mine. 
And suddenly the world opened up. 

I talked to her about a few ideas I have 
For scheduling- it doesn’t have to be 
the same every day- especially 
if you have hours to fill from call-outs.
Don’t lose hours, or they take them away. 
 
I’ll be able to claim some of the extra hours
I’ve already been picking up! 
Win-win. 
No more me being resentful
 for working without pay. 

I talked to her about giving the girls real food. 
You can purée it or use baby food
And it goes right down the g-tube. 
I’ve done it for years with other cases. 
Formula is a poor excuse for nutrition. 

Love Dove had BreastMilk
In her GTube. 

So yesterday was honest and sincere
And just a good good day. 

I never saw it coming. 
Literally the eleventh-hour save. 


Enjoying a cup of Covfefe 
On my sleep in day. 

I find that if I only have one day off,
I’m grumpy as hell
And don’t get anything done. 
Remember, I work 12 and 14 hour shifts! 
So now with my new schedule, 
I sleep the first day off, and rest. 
And get errands done on he second day off. 

I was starting to resent 
having no time for errands- 
Much less for fun! 
Every day “off” was me doing 
Housework and yard work. 
And I just already work too hard
In my (under) paid job!
That’s why people get burned-out. 
No time to just hang out and watch TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!