13 March 2019

accountability


That Lion is acting crazy again. 
(In like a lion... lol)


I love love love the rain. 
I love it so much! 
It’s like my joy in life. 

Today is perfect weather. 


I’m very very busy during the day. 
My job is to watch twin girls. 
12 hour shift. 4 days. 
They don’t mind. 
They dont listen. 
And they crawl all over the place. 
They’re learning to stand. 
Next... who knows. 

I guess they’ll learn to walk right out the door. 

They screech when you touch them
To change them, or dress them. 
If you need wipe a runny nose,
Get ready for a fight. 

If you need to suction a nose,
Get ready for your ears to bleed. 
I wear ear protection to work. 


I guess the watch was on,
But not in the right place
To pick up a pulse. 
Unless it’s true...
The zombie thing....

A few weeks ago, my old heating pad
Finally gave up the ghost.
And as things - and people sometimes do- 
It had a surge of power before the end. 

I woke up with a 2 inch long blister on my shin. 
Which has now popped. And all that skin 
Is scabbiing over. It’s only one layer thick. 
But long. And taking forever to heal. 

The Wound Care Nurse In me knows
I need more protein. 
Even for a small wound like this. 


I have decided to supplement with Isopure 
Isolated Whey Protein Powder. 

I’m sure there are better ones out there. 
More pure. More natural.
But this Zero Carb. Amazon carries it. 
So it fits AND it ships. 

I haven’t used any protein supplements for years. 
Just Eat Real Food. 
Yep. And this is processed. 
But wound healing is a process. 
So yep. 


I had a patient once 
Who’s doctor ordered skin tear  to be washed 
Twice a day with Gold Dial Soap. 
In about 10 days - viola! 

So I’ll try this. 

Me after sleeping more than 12 hours. 
12 blissful, lovely, wonderful hours. 
I’m ready for about 6 more. 

ETA


Hi. I’m Anne. 
My hobbies include eating 
And going back to sleep. 


They say Whey can spike Insulin. 
This is 35 minutes PP. 
No spike noted. Up or down.
Glucose or (implied) Insulin. 

Onward and down the rabbit hole!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!