11 March 2019

missed a day


Last night 
Super tired and medicated. 

I feel as though I missed a day somewhere. 


It seems I have caught the dreaded CRUD. 
Scratchy throat, deep cough. 
Everyone says “Oh it’s just allergies!”
So I guess I caught “allergies.”

I wear a mask to prevent me 
sneezing on my patients. 

I woke up two nights ago 
In a cold sweat. 
If I have to miss anymore work,
It will put a damper on my trip. 

I missed a week when The Baby died. 
And almost as much when Paul died. 
That’s a vacation right there! 

I am not on salary. 
If I don’t cross the threshold of the door, 
I no gett-ee the money! 

Plus all that cross crossing 
through unpaved backroads
Through forests and the High Desert. 

I literally was weeping
 to think I would have to go. 
If there were rain...
If there were frost...
If there were freezing temperatures...


The first leg of the trip was added on 
To accommodate for Sping Break. 
I hadn’t planned on that,
And the O’KEEFEE Homestead 
Is closed that week. 
So I decided was to go a week early. 
However- 
That would make my vacation 
Nearly 3 weeks long! 

I would need a vacation 
To recover from my vacation! 

So I flipped the script. 
I’ll go see Miss Georgia 
the week AFTER Spring Break. 
And cut the trip back to 2 weeks. 


A pretty sunrise. 
Hella windy days though. 
That’s March for ya. 
Let’s go fly a kite. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!