01 January 2019

baby come back


This was a stand for her to use


Can’t sleep so I contemplate 
The origins of the universe. 
Only one conclusion is possible: 
This is Hell. 

Also this is NYE. 
The sounds of fireworks and gunshots 
Are so loud - it’s like a war zone 
Outside my window. 


Working with kids releases oxytocin
- or something-
And keeps you young. 


Playing around with the Baby 
At Children’s Medical Center. 
My brain can’t grapple the idea 
That I’ll never see her again. 


So even Hospice Nurses 
Are not immune from death. 

This was my first 
And it will be my last
 Pediatric Hospice case. 

I’ve cried for people dying.
But the shock of this 
Is nearly too much for me.
And I am in a good place 
With diet and food...


1 comment:

  1. Prayers for you Anne. (((HUGS))) too. Come to Minnesota and I'll give it to you personally.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!