03 January 2019

suddenly thursday

So all of a sudden, it’s Thursday. 
My regular shift with the Baby 
would have been over today. 

I was finally hungry on my own
And made some Pork Rind Nachos. 

I’ve lost over 5 pounds
Since she died. 

In occurred to me 
That now I need a job. 
 
I’ll go out today and talk to my boss 
About another case. 
Or cases. 
Not sure I want another kid. 
Especially not another Baby. 

The funeral service is tomorrow 
and I want to pick up my things 
from the Baby’s house. 

I think it would be a great comfort
 to see the family again 
For them and for me.  


1 comment:

  1. It’s like 730 in the morning, and raining, and nearly freezing. It’s barely light outside.
    And there’s this bird outside the window. Chirping like crazy! It’s been out there nearly 10 minutes.
    I’ll take that as a sign!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!