05 January 2019

snot city


They buried “my” baby today 
in Babyland. 
Part of Restland. 






By the Whispering Gardens. 
Lots of fountains. 








Little baby graveside decorations. 




They left her body alone in the Hearst. 
 I was always told as the hospice nurse 
we are never to leave the body alone…
 So I came out to sit with her- 

One last time. 


I don’t remember what this is called,
but it’s a little cinnamon triangles. 
They serve it with carmadon tea. 


The mother was crying so hard 
I begged the choir to sing. 
Sing anything. Anything at all. 
Just please cover up the sounds of her sobbing. 

I’ve attended many services…
In Hospice… 
And this was the hardest of my life. 
I didn’t even cry so much
At my own Mother’s service. 

I can’t imagine not going 
to the Baby’s house anymore. 
Please wake her up. 
I’m sick of asking the sky to help her. 

The had a truck 
That filled the grave with dirt. 
Right there. With every one watching. 
In fact, the bystanders helped. 

Everyone brought little handful of dirt 
And tossed it in the grave. 
Cindy said this is how Catholic funerals are. 


I didn’t place any dirt. 
The other nurses and I 
just kinda stood in the background. 

Incomprehensibly yours 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!