04 January 2019

6 a.m.


She might be laughing,
But right now, I don’t get the “Cosmic Joke.”

I still look at the time and panic a little. 
6 a.m? 
I’m late for work! 
I better call the Mom and Dad. 








Pete, who knows me too well, 
Insisted on coming over. 
I have no interest in cleaning up,
So we went for Chinese Food.

I had Szechuan Beef. 
And Hot & Sour Soup. 
No Rice. 

Pete said his doctor told him
“I want to see less of you next year”
For his yearly physical. 
Early January physicals are just plain wrong. . 

 
Somewhere in the folds of having this horrific grief, 
Spontaneous crying, and paralyzing anxiety, 
It occurred to me that
Now I need a new full time job. 

I can’t imagine doing a “Meet and Greet”
Right now. I don’t think I’d make it through 
Without breaking down crying. 

So I went back to the adult hospice
Staffing Agency for Continous Care. 
They, of course, welcomed me 
with open arms. 

13 years ago this week,
 I started Hospice Nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!