02 January 2019

some bunny loves you

The baby lived in a subdivision 
That was by a field. 
and had a million freaking little brown rabbits. 
They darted in and out of traffic.
They ate people’s flowers. 

But in searching for something to talk about 
All those quiet hours at the bedside ...
I made up stories about what the bunnies did. 

Every day, she looked forward 
to what the Cute Hunny Bunny Family was doing. 

So I told her stories. 
We talked for hours and hours. 
She was extremely vocal. 
She was so happy. 
I’m still in shock. But it’s fading. 

I’m absolutely certain I was her favorite nurse. 
I know she was my favorite. 


1 comment:

  1. I was more like a Nanny Nurse. The Mom and I took the Baby for walks and I tried to have stickers with Big Sister (age 3) every day.
    A home health nurse can make you or break you. I’m always trying to be good for the family- as well as just the patient.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!