04 January 2019

mommy and me


True story from yesterday. 
730 in the morning. 
Cold. Dark.
 A little bird seemingly 
Went out of his way
-or her way- 
To tell me something.  

It must have been very important. 
(S)he persisted for nearly half an hour. 

A few days ago, I was comforted 
By the words from “BlackBird”
By the Beatles- the White Album. 

“Take these broken wings and learn to fly...”
“All your life, you were only waiting 
for this moment to be free...”

And ever since then, birds have
 been showing up like crazy. 

Even Bird Songs on the radio. 

The Baby and I spent tons of time 
talking and reading about birds.
And listening to bird songs. 




So I went to see the mom. 
I know she wanted to talk to me, so I waited 
For the right time. 
The Grandmother immediately 
Put a plate of food in front of me. 
Of course she did! 


The door to the Baby’s room was closed. 
And someone had started to vacuum, 
But gave up. The Vac was 
in the middle of the room. 

The laundry baskets are overflowing. 
They just picked up and went to the ER. 
Now, there is so much to do.  

When my mother died, 
It was so sudden, no one had time
 to make arrangements. Like here. 
I see why people chose to leave the room 
Of a deceased love one “as is.”
It’s just too much work emotionally. 

We just locked the doors to her house, 
And set a time in about a month
To have more time to plan. 
Especially during the holidays. 
People need time to plan 
And travel. 

I told the mom I would come back
And help with everything. 
It’s better that way. 
The stuff can wait.and mom doesn’t need
 to tackle it alone. 

Sick babies (sick people in general) need so much. 
Almost every week there is an appointment. 
And every day, there are teachers and therapists. 
And a very tight schedule of 
Standing frames, chest PT, etc. 
it’s a wonder you have any snuggle time 
Or time to sit and read Bunny Stories. 

And all of those supplies. 
There’s a mini clinic in each patient’s room! 


My Minion houseshoes. 
The family is a “No Shoes” household. 


I did ok, but my pulse told the real story. 

2 comments:

  1. I decided to make a printed book for the grandmother, instead of the digital picture frame. I am also going to give them a cd of all the pictures I had taken over time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, all those birds - I may be a little fanciful but think someone somewhere is telling you that you are an angel. Or at least, telling you that you were for baby girl and you still are for her beloved family.
    Be kind to yourself as well as to others
    Hugs Deniz

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!