29 July 2019

continuity


I ate this. 

I’m only blogging today 
For continuity. 

I caught the nurse. 
I actually caught her. 
This time, she actively messed up. 
She switched out bottles 
of medication. 

After all of the 
medications she didn’t give. 
All the formula she didn’t give. 
All the way she weasels out 
Of why she didn’t do her job. 

Is she just stupid and lazy?
Or worse? 
Does she mean to harm these kids? 

We have her! At last. 
6 months later. 
*sigh*
But the family didn’t believe me. 
 
The bottle in question was 
Acetaminophen. Tylenol. 
The label said one thing 
But the contents were something else. 

They took the bottle to the pharmacist. 
He didn’t want to get in trouble. 
So he lied and said it was a mix up. 
But still Tylenol. 
It wasn’t. 

I place my license on the line every day. 
In my heart I know I can’t stay. 
I want to. 
But I know it won’t work. 

I made my statement. 
They made theirs. 

So I talked to the boss. 
I guess I’m an old school nurse. 
I guess I don’t want to see kids 
Die at the hands of another. 

Choose carefully, sweet family. 
And good luck with having a killer
In your home. 

They say she’s nice;
She brings cake. 

I have a few forms to fill out. 
And I am going to the board. 

I caught her coming from one job
To an overnight job. 

Thanks to KFC. 
She’s a fast food junkie. 
And she left her receipt 
On the floor. 

All the Board has to do 
Is compare her notes. 
Thanks, Colonel! 


I woke up today defeated. 
Exhausted. 
I told the mother I felt like someone 
Shot me in the heart. 

I have little aches and pains. 
And a headache and back pain. 

I’m going to do nothing but rest.  
I’ve left the paper trail. 


1 comment:

  1. This stress is debilitating. I'm sorry you're going through this. I am glad and appreciate how conscientious and caring and dedicated to your profession you are.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!