03 April 2012

storms and a day off


Of course a food blog opens with a Food Vendor...
Of course!

Must have walked about 5 or 6 miles today ....
or more.... lots of crisscrossing through every street - 
For nearly 4 hours -with very few breaks!
If we could see it - we walked over to it...

ThanksGiving Square in DownTown Dallas

All the usual DownTown cast of players





The Cathedral Shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe


The First Methodist Church of Dallas

West End

The Old Red CourtHouse - DownTown Dallas 


Lunch was Brisket
We drove to this place, though!

Kept an eye to the weather -
Lots going on in that department...

Tornados on the ground all over the place...
Sirens blaring... scary stuff


Wow - just wow!
Now, watching the clouds roll in - and back out...
A cool evening after a long day!
Hope all is well with you and yours.

12 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Glad you are safe from the storms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "day in the life" posts complete with pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What neat photos today! I hope no one got hurt or died in those storms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you sharing your town. I hope that everyone is okay after the bad storms.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, Anne. I'm so happy to hear that things are going as well as they are. I wish I could say the same of myself. I will keep starting over until I can get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful churches ;)
    Stay safe lady with such crazy weather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Duck and cover! Grab that brisket and eat it at home. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 3 pigeons= :)
    I love your photos, they have a lot of emotion in them, if that makes sense.
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too, I love this set of photos, especially that stunning spiral of stained glass windows.
    So glad you dodged the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow on the stained glass-- That's gorgeous.

    Dallas' weather has been all over the news in Los Angeles. It looks VERY scary. Hope all's well.

    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos today Anne! I was very worried about all my Texas blogger friends who live in that area... glad to know you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks fro teh tour of Dallas!
    Watch out for those twisters. We are barely into the season and it looks like a bad one coming.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!