22 January 2023

maintenance through covid


2019
Full body and face pictures 
Through the COVID years 


COVID is a blip on the radar. 
I ended up in the ER 
With a mysterious illness. 
Nurses always catch it first, it seems. 


Nurses wearing trash bags 
Since there were no. PPE
Anywhere to be had at any price. 


Dead bodies in the streets. 
Dead bodies floating down rivers. 
The whole world fighting for supplies. 


2020
Let’s roll up our sleeves and work. 
This won’t last long…
Two weeks max. Lol. 


And work I did. 
I worked the equivalent of 2 full time jobs. 
I often slept in the loft at work 
Since the shifts were so long 
And the nurses were scared to death. 


Lol - the joke with no punchline. 
Horse pills and braggadocious stalling





2021
The Vaccine roll out begins. 
Ended up in the ER again


2 weeks after my vaccine 
I had a full blown cardiac event. 
I was anemic (H&H was 6&11)
I had Pfizer if anyone wants to know. 
I was worn out. I had 14 ulcers! 
Started PPI. Had 2 transfusions 
And 10 units of iron. 




2022
Back to basics. 
Walk. Sleep. Eat. Repeat. 


January 2023 


2023 


The whole world. 
Zoom for work. 
Zoom for school. 
No contact shopping. 
Social Distancing 6 feet. 

I was once Anti-Vaxx
Believe it or not. 
No flu shot. No nothing. 
NEVER!!!!!!
But when I started with Hospice Babies,
I had to be more aggressively protected. 
Hospice in general is a Petri Dish. 
Well… so is all of Nursing! Lol. 
But Hospice Babies- they need protection. 

I gained 8 pounds of water overnight 
After my first vax. I couldn’t breathe
My heart was racing. 
This COVID ain’t no joke! 

I’ve since quit drinking. 
Quit my PPI - no ulcers! 
Quit with Atkins 100
And went to strict induction mode. 
And stayed there. 
Atkins Keto 30. Or 20. Or zero. 
No bread. No bites. Not tastes. 
I’ve been fasting, but for a while 
I wasn’t strong enough to fast. 

And now comes 2023. 
Ready or not. 
Here we go! 
Je suis prest 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!