12 August 2011

long ass days

Flowers for you all

An artichoke flower

Stuffed with beef, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese

Steamed on a bed of potatoes....
A carb fest!

Tapping out ?
Nope - not me!

 
Hand Walk-Outs :
Stand - then walk-out to the push up position.
Then tap one shoulder -
Then tap the other!


"The height of your accomplishments
will equal the depth of your commitment.
How high are you willing to go?"
A 70 year old lady at CrossFit
wore this shirt the other day.....
It makes me want to do better - 
even when I don't really feel "into it!"

We caught a break on the weather... 4 or 5 raindrops.
At least the clouds were a little cooler!

Stay cool -
Hope you are having a great weekend!
Or "almost" weekend - as the case may be!

11 comments:

  1. Love the flowers. We got about 20 raindrops yesterday in Tucson. We need more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I AM getting me some flowers today.
    for no reason at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flowers. Good for you on the tap ups. I couldn't do those right now if my life depended on it. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* not a drop over here on the west side. The clouds did stop us from hitting 100, though. Bummer. To come this far (and be this roasted) then not break the record by two measly degrees.

    So....Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tap ups...wow! You are truly a machine. Love the t-shirt.

    Artichokes and potatoes...with cheese...now that is a party. Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those taps look hardcore!

    Love the pictures. I sure hope we get some rain soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo of the flowers is really nice, the colors are amazing. I have never made an artichoke flower, I just do the pull one off at a time thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the T shirt, reminds me not to wish I had done this earlier but be glad I'm doing it now. I want to be a 70 yr old with a motivational t shirt on in the gym...what a woman!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a seriously good artichoke! And the one arm pushups-- Wow, you are getting so strong! I'm pretty sure I'd hurt myself if I tried that :-)

    Thanks for the flowers. I really needed them today.

    xoxo jj

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the top photo, are those REAL flowers??? Cos if they are they are amazing colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chris H
    That is the color of the flowers at the store!
    Very bright!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!