30 August 2011

going through the motions

Got sick a wee little bit at CrossFit -
Now that makes me a "real" athlete!


Winning isn't everything
BUT
Wanting to win is!


WOD
Box Squats....Ring Rows....
Single Leg Dead Lifts....
OverHead Press.... Hollow'eens...
Which are like hollow holds!
At least that's what I thought the Trainer said.


"Just show up" is really all I did today!
They keep their end... I'll keep mine!
And we all get along swimmingly!


I slept like a fiend today - on and off for 18 hours... +
Then had this:
Spam, eggs and cheese for my meal today

Put the eggs in the blender for like a minute...
Seems like a long time - they get lots of air whipped into them
Then cook it like an omelet!

Then, as the Sun's Chariots made their way across the Summer Sky,
I realized this was the perfect ending to a perfect day!

Hope yours was good too!
Stay Strong!
(That's what she said)

12 comments:

  1. That's what she said...LOL!

    Sorry you were sick...that sucks. Hope you are feeling fine now.

    Love the Spam, eggs, and cheese. Nice!

    Beautiful end of the day for a beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossfitting when feeling puny... now THAT'S a warrior!

    Hope you are feeling better now.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have some beautiful skies in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. My youngest daughter and I make fried rice with Spam. We try to be a little healthier and buy the "lite" Spam. Yeah, kind of an oxymoron. :) Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've felt really nauseous after working out! Hate that feeling. Hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't be sick. :( (I remember the almost puke when I overdid weight training back in 2002. Me, so out of shape, but going gung go. BLURHHHHHHH. So sick and nauseous.)

    I've never had SPAM. Does that make me odd? I remember buying some for a hurricane year's food supply, but it expired after a few hurricane seasons. ;) Never touched it. Hawaiians apparently love the heck outta the stuff. :D

    I wnat that tee. It's a great saying. It's GREAT. I want to steal it right now!!! But I don't look good in that grey. Red or black, mebbe? :) I am rocking my medium sized (men's, I assume) NETRITION tank I got with my order last week. :D Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Nite, you working-out fiend you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMMMM!!!! I LOVE Spam and eggs!! In fact I had Spam for lunch today - minus the eggs...great job on the Crossfit workout...getting sick means you pushed yourself hard - awesome! (although you wouldn't want to do it that much lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yummm... that omelet looks delicious. The sunset photo is soooo beautiful. Glad you had a perfect day, hope today will be another one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are so so so hardcore!!! I saw that FB update :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spam, eggs and butter.. OMG, when are you coming to NY so we can feed you real food...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!