02 May 2023

look up, look down


See my thumb? 
Gee, I am sometimes dumb!





Got some Sugar Free Candy. 
Now the Big Companies 
Are on the band wagon. 
Not just pricy Russell Stover. 
Maybe it will help? 
Yeah. Helped all up to the bathroom. 
Maltitol needs to be pharmaceutical grade. 
And even then its harsh. 


We Hospice Nurses actually give it
To Hospice Patients when the pain meds
Get them “plugged up”!


New toys for the blog from TEMU. 
Get the free app. It’s great. 
Temu is like Wish, but not as sleazy. 
They take Apple Pay,
So no one can hack you. 


Before my trips, I get 
Crazy junk like mini solar fairy lights,
And flamingo cup holder pads. 


And wee sunglasses for cats. 
They have free shipping   
But its from China, so…
Maybe a package arrives in a month 
Or two weeks…
Instead of overnight, like Amazon. 

















Cue the Young and the Restless 
Soundtrack! The night nurse 
Did- indeed- ghost the case. 
So its back to 7 days for me. 
For 2 weeks. “Only”. 
That means no walking. 
No sleeping late. 
Just sleep drive work.
Rinse. Repeat. 
My “reward” will be SeaFood
On the coast in Florida. 
In just 30 days! 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, the candy trap...I fell deeply not long ago...some sugar free Russell Stover, from the dollar store...it was so good, I sat here in my comfy chair and had another square...and another, then what the heck, this bar isn't REALLY three servings....Well. We all know what happened next, and it wasn't pretty. The sound effects were like out of Dumb and Dumber. I was laughing but also crying, because it was serious pain. Never.ever.again. Nope. Anyway, since I'm writing a novel, last night we celebrated my Sonja's 21st birthday (she's the almost-pediatric nurse)...with a three layer marble cake with butter cream frosting, that my 15 year old had made. I wasn't going to have any, but I decided to, telling myself that it was only my three youngest and me, I wanted to be along with them and make it fun, so I had the tiniest of slices...which woke the hungry lion and made me want the entire cake, which I did not give in to, but jeepers: heartburn so bad all night, and a horrible stomach ache...I just can't tolerate it anymore...too bad it tastes so heavenly...sigh. You are looking fantastic. sorry you have to work so much though, but at least you'll enjoy the heck out of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!