05 May 2023

last day off


This Fat Cat sat on the 
Window ledge for hours. 
It was 85° inside yesterday. 
Hotter inside than out. 




Had trouble sleeping. 
Got up up to take an Advil. 
(I might have one a month.)
It worked. Until 0730, that is…
When my Housemate woke me up. 
Wonders if I had seen his wallet. 
And maybe he left it at home. 
No and no. And no more sleep. 




















I took this a few years ago. Lol. 


The worst problem with Atkins 
Is adding carbs back. 
It’s hard. So I just stay at
Induction Levels. 
At a certain point
- the tipping point - 
You are not in ketosis. 
But you also don't have enough 
glucose for energy. 
Hence the energy slump
Hence the cravings. 


It is like a hybrid car 
with not enough gas
And a dead battery. 
It can’t access either. 

So I just stay low. 
And know that 30 grams of carbs a day 
is my magic number. 
When I did snake juice fasting,
I learned that even as busy as I am,
I only need about 500 calories a day. 
Not the 1200 a day they say. 
That’s exactly the problem! 
Whatever is wrong in our metabolism 
- whatever that missing link is - 
We lack the ability to 
utilize glucose properly. 
Anywhere along the chain of events. 
Duh. Obviously. 

So I started my day with a bang. 
And some covefe. And cats. 

The mom (on the case) 
begged the nurse to stay. 
The dad begged the nurse to stay. 
Just one month. Put off your 
Elective surgery for one month. 
Just a few weeks. 
After all, she has had the problem for years. 
I asked her. (Not begged)
The other nurse asked her. 
In the midst of this - she called out. 
Im already working 84 hours a week. 
Plus driving. (45 minutes each way.)

Unless you’re struck by a car,
Or a dog, or a bomb,
Or your appendix ruptures,
Many- if not most- procedures 
Can wait one month. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!