27 May 2023

ladder day








I didn’t want to come to work today. 
But no one else was available. 
So here I am.


They don’t even think about doing it. 
It is second  nature to them by now. 


Pepper poppers 


Scrambled Eggs with Ham and Cheese 


A new thing:
Eggs poached in Cream! 
The edged get brown, the whites get solid,
Like poached eggs but no cover. 


Sweet Baby is 99% deaf. 
I thought this for years. 


The camera was not paired
Before it was installed. So it required 
Another trip (or two) up the ladder. 
Or in this case- 4 trips up and down. 

My housemate was holding the ladder,
And started talking about falling. 
I sure wouldn’t get up there
I’d be afraid I’d break my neck
I’m too old to be on a ladder
I have no business climbing 15 feet high. 

So there I was up on the ladder,
And hearing him talk like that
Just got me so anxious I was like
Can you please stop talking about falling 
When I’m so far up the ladder ? 
I mean honestly. Who does that? 
I started sweating and
 my teeth started chattering. 
And I threw up. Yes. Barf-City. 
15 feet up the air, I threw up. 
I did get the camera paired
But it took 2 trips up the ladder. 

It’s like the last time he was mad
He asked if I wanted to go to a gun range 
For target practice- with him! 
What an dick thing to say. 


Of course it ended with another fight. 
With both hands on hips, he actually said
“Shame on you” when I didn’t apologize 
For whatever he thinks I said. 
Always a fight. Right before a big event. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!