15 August 2019

talk about it


In Out
In Out
In Out

Like a fucking stay cat. 

You can tell when the door 
was opened and closed. 
You know, the sliding glass door 
 that is adjacent to my room. 

I asked him to use a different door
And he gave me another 
“Fuck You Bitch” speech. 
This time I’m “disrespecting him”
because I had some coffee
 and herbs on the counter. 

Let’s not talk about his beer cans
And overflowing ashtrays on the patio. 
Or his stuff in the living room 
From January when they 
redid the bathroom. 

So I talked to the home owner. 
Just to let her know
That it’s not all
Rainbows and Unicorns 
At home. 

It was a relief 
to get it out in the open. 


Yesterday was rain. 
And we had a break from the heat. 

Today - back to it. 


The Best Boy loves
Moby-Dick. 

I’ve focused all my attention on him. 
And prepping for moving!

I read nice and slow to him, 
and try to do the voices. 

There’s something about being read to
That makes it better- 
Even if you falter 
And stammer on some of the words. 

We’re way way way 
past the reading material 
The school has for him. 
Which is mainly Pre K. 


I have Water and Covefe
During the day
With my little Flavinoid Blends. 

And I dropped a pound a day 
for 3 days.  Pure water weight. 
I’ll take it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!