29 August 2019

happy new year


Love those 12 hour nights. 




Bacon for Breakfast 


Let’s try this again. 
No cats to knock it down this time. 


A little rain. 


A little TV. 


A little FaceBook. 
I took out the bulk trash,
Cleaned the cat box, 
Changed the air filter. 
And did all the things you do
When you have a new month. 






I called for my interview 
With the ICE people. 
And I’m not sure I’m a good fit. 
I’m not bilingual. 
And that would be
A first order priority. 

It was awesome enough 
To even be considered. 

The housemate never has spoken to me 
Since I asked him to stop making his noise. 
And that’s fine. 
It doesn’t even hurt my feelings. 
It’s actually a relief. 

Next week I’m sorting things out in my room 
So I don’t have to use the kitchen for coffee
Or anything in the morning. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your interview! I’m sure you’ll do well.
    To me, the coziest feeling in the world is when I can tuck myself in shortly after 10 PM & have almost 9 uninterrupted hours in bed; even if I’m not actually sleeping, I feel relaxed & more rested. No racing the clock to pile in, get to sleep, STAY ASLEEP!
    I repeat a new mantra to myself which, believe it or not, truly helps:
    “No thinking, just resting!”

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!