05 August 2019

beer stone


Lousy sleep. 
And it’s all I’ve wanted.
Cats were loud. 
Everyone was loud. 
And ...


Someone said beer helps pass
Kidney Stones. 
So I had jus one (huge) beer. 
It was the first American Beer
 I’ve had in like 40 years. 

PS. It didn’t help. 




Pakistan Butter Chicken 
OMG. 
No words. 

Someone said Instant Coffee 
Causes Kidney Stones. 
I happen to drink instant coffee. 
And since I was out, 
I ordered this. 


So all the “Life Experiments”
are done at the same time. 
The “I can eat more carbs 
Now that I’m fasting” Experiment - 
was a complete success. 

I actually CAN eat whatever I want. 
My blood glucose is perfectly controlled. 
But I can’t have as much 
as I want whenever I want. 
I top out at 70-80 carbs every day. 
And do much better 
When I keep them much lower. 

Much lower, like 20 to 40. 

If carbs are moderate, 
You’ll feel lousy. 
The reason is you don’t have 
enough glucose to run on glucose. 
And you don’t have enough ketones 
To run on ketones. 
So you’re in metabolic 
“No Mans Land.”

Free Advice- Go Low! 
The lower the better. Mostly. 


I have been watching TV 
Without my glasses. 
After a upping my carbs,
I have to use my glasses again. 
Inflammation. 

I’ve gained water weight. 
And I have to think my kidney stone
Came from me having more carbs. 

Fasting dislodged it. 


And as for the Munchausen Candidate-
I decided to leave it alone. 
I quadrupled my care for the boy. 
And I focus just on him. 

I made a “contract” with the big sister -
I don’t really need her help.
I just need her to not cause trouble. 
And a contract makes her think
It’s her idea to participate. 

I will bring treats IF she studies 
One hour a day on weekends. 
Math and reading- 
And we have to clean the house 
for her mom. 
With no whining. 

I ordered a new bed,
Wheelchair, and shower chair 
For the Boy. 
And give massages.
And read library books. 


1 comment:

  1. M*A*S*H and the 4077- was actually modeled after the 807th Medical Brigade. My unit.
    Trivia for the day.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!