27 November 2018

the data is in


Here’s that crazy bi-phasic sleep gap. 
I get up, wide awake for an hour or so ...
Then go back to sleep. 
I always have slept in 2 phases. 
Always. Since childhood. 
The other times are just 
getting to pee. 


Finally back to walking. 
It’s been a week.

I’m no Alpha Dog. 
More like a Beta. 
I don’t want to be the lead-
More like the Deuteragonist. 

You like that word? (Link)
It’s good also to be back to reading. 

So I called my “people” 
and asked them nicely
To try to keep from going in my room. 
I rent a room. And it’s not locked.
So anyone just hours in there
Like we’re brothers and sisters. 

Just not this time, please. 
I started to redo the closet 
When I got super busy. 
And super tired. 
About the time of the Reunion. 
So it’s been awhile. 

Time to deep clean. 
Everyone please stay away
Until I can get to it. 

That happened at my old apartment
With my broken leg. 
Things just piled up,
And then the place flooded. 
And I’ll be damned-
That’s the time suddenly 
People want to stop in
And leave a note ... etc. 
But very few people offer to help clean. 

Jeez. Insanity. 
Murphy and his Laws suck. 

And they go away thinking 
I must be One Sick Puppy
To have such a messy place. 

Cleaning Is not a priority-
I mean not having everything like 
An Army Inspection. 
What a waste of time and energy. 

Truth be told I seldom like to make my bed. 
I’m organized and sanitary.

A common theme of this blog
Is me letting crap go
Then cleaning like a Mad Woman. 
Hmmmm. 



So yes. The data is in. 
And here it is. 

It’s good to sleep. 
And don’t eat crap. 
Fast regularly. 
And get some walking in. 
Preferably in the sun. 
And try to be nice. 
If for no other reason, 
To avoid stress.
Don’t be a freaking jerk. 

Make time to read or have a hobby. 
Travel all you can. 
Keep your friends and family close. 
Listen to nice music,
And keep your place clean-
But don’t go crazy with the last one

Do things mindfully
Keep the mirror (of your mind) clean. 

And there you have it.
Everything you need for a happy life. 



1 comment:

  1. When I first started blogging, I met a delightful woman “Princess Dieter.” She did a blog post entitled “Victory Over Sloth!”
    I was so impressed I emailed and asked if I could borrow that title. She said “Yes!”
    But as I wrote, I realized I didn’t deserve to claim any victory. Not that I’m a sloth... but sloppy... in diet, housekeeping, self care... all kinds of ways.
    I’m humbled now, or getting there.
    Maybe now I can finally write that post.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!