12 November 2018

hbd











As completely silly as it is 
I still like celebrating my birthday. 

I guess some people won’t be happy 
Until I don’t care about it,
And become just as bitter and entrenched 
As they are and say things like 
“A day is a day is a day...”

But not me! 
Today is a big day for me. 

I never really made up my mind
To do low carb. It just kinda happened. 
Being stranded in the Grand Canyon 
As I was. 

I never really looked in the mirror 
and shook my little plump fist,
And said to the Fat Girl looking back at me
Hey! I want to change! 
I just kinda fell into it. 

Now that I’ve been fasting for a year +
I have the feeedom to eat 
Pretty much anything I want. 
But should I- just because I can? 
Probably not. 

My blood work revealed basically 
No changes in half a year of Ramadan Food. 
Namely Roti, and occasional rice. 
Things I never thought I could eat again. 

But what of gluten? 
AGES? Leptin? 
Lectins? 
It’s not all about Glucose
And Weight. 

More to come. 
I’m cracking open a monster 




4 comments:

  1. I love Birthdays. Happy Birthday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could be my "healthy living coach"...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday (belatedly) CarbTripper! You inspire me -- I lurk on your site just about every day, and remind myself that good health is possible at any age, it just takes perseverance and faith. Oh, and consistency. Interested to read more about the monster you're cracking open. I've been doing OMAD and low carb -- down 75 pounds in a year. I have something carby once in a while, but very rarely. Thanks for the inspiration and for motivating me! Cass

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!