13 September 2019

my cheap life


Cheap sleep. 
Not the best kind. 
I guess it’s why they call it grog. 


Now that school is in session, 
The backstreets are as crowded 
as the highway. 
Maybe more. 


I tell people I live in “Oak Cliffo”.  
I say I live in Oak Cliff.
And they say “Oh!” 


An hour to work is average in DFW. 
30 minutes is exceptional. 
2 hours is not uncommon. 

It’s like an hour from 
Denver to Colorado Springs. 
So navigation will be a breeze. 
I’ve been talking to people about this. 
No one said no.  
Everyone says “Go!”


Typical Texas Walmart. 
Actually, the perfect place to walk. 


Early morning walk. 
Heart rate got up to 110. 
About 20 minutes total. 


Happy Friday the 13th! 
And a full moon. 

The nurses here will never change. 
The mom is hip but the dad is stoic. 
And so it shall be. 

The nurses argue with the mom
About fabric softener-
Which makes the bed pads leak. 
And makes kids clothing non fireproof. 
Also, it’s scented. So allergies. 

Why would they argue 
with mom about that? 

As long as they’re all here- 
This lazy, inept, angry mob
Of overpaid idiots- 
Nothing will ever change.  

See- this once was a Hospice Case. 
But the boy got better. 

The problem is that 
untrained hospice nurses 
can’t make the transition
 back to med-surg nursing. 
They bring their old habits with them. 

Fabric softener is ok for hospice. 
It’s all about comfort. 
Not so much for a kid on the mend.  

Adults, too, fail at this. 
Ice Cream is ok
for a diabetic hospice patient. 
They can have anything they want. 
When it’s my turn to go-
No nurse on earth will tell me 
what I can and can not 
Put into my own mouth. 

But when they’re getting better-
And they might have another 5 years-
Ah well- 
One scoop or two? 


There was once a blogger
I went all the way to Canada to see. 
And when I got there, she said 
(And I quote)
“You don’t look anything 
Like your picture!”
Henceforth and therefore 
I put my pic here every single day. 

So if (when) we meet up, 
You’ll know who I am
And what I look like. 

Also, so many Decade Bloggers 
Regain- it happens-
That I post my picture 
For accountability. 

But mainly for that one blogger. 
It’s me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!