18 September 2019

cat day


Three of my closest friends 
Independently and spontaneously 
Took a look in the mirror yesterday-
And arrived at the same conclusion. 
They - none of them - 
Like what they saw looking back. 

Two of them have regained 20 each. 
Mine is 10. 
And everyone is like “DONE!”

I gave away all the rest 
of the Low Carb Ice Cream
And cleaned my slate - so to speak-
To clean my plate (up). 

I’ve been trying to fast
But stress gain is real. 
And it’s hard. 


They love to hang out in my room. 
Don’t know why. 
All the laundry piled up
On the footboard, maybe. 


Lazy, quiet mornings off. 
With my cat buddies. 


In and Out with Pete 




Double Double
Protein Style 
Animal Style. 




Bacon. 
One minute it’s chewy. 
The next minute 
it’s burned on the ends. 


I do like sugar free pancake syrup. 


Egg Chaffle in a skillet. 
Not as interesting or crunchy 
As the true Chaffle. 
It tastes like an egg with cheese. 


I love to water to yard. 
There’s a sprinkler system here,
But no one uses it. 
I like to stand there with the hose - 
Or use the gizmo. 

A dear friend of mine once said
That when she wanted “alone time,”
She went to do yard work. 
No one would want to help do that. 


The trees keep falling 
And breaking off
Because they are dying. 
For water. 






The backyard is big 
And takes a bunch of work. 
Yikes to that! 


I took a day off from all the Herbs
Just to make sure I didn’t 
Get goofy, by taking them daily.  

The letter is done. 
The days are cooler. 
I have a plan for the future. 
I have forgiveness for my past. 
(I forgave myself and that’s what counts!)

I have a safe, affordable place
To live my whole life. 
I am strong. And young. 
Young enough. 
The Mom says I’m stronger 
than  everybody. 
(She flatters me!)

So no more 
“Chicken On The High Dive!”
Gonna jump in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!